The new standard in crash cushions… NCHRP 350, TL-3! The new family of Quadguard® crash cushions offers the latest technology for shielding hazards 610 to 2286mm. Each Quadguard® System consists of crushable, energy absorbing cartridges surrounded by a framework of steel Quad-Beam™ panels. These new crash cushions redefine NCHRP 350, Test Level 3 performance for redirective, non-gating attenuators.
- Compact, modular design (1 to 12 bays) accommodates speeds from 40km/h to 120km/h.
- Quad-Beam panels provide 30% higher beam strength than thrie beam.
- “Staged” cartridge design safely decelerates both light cars and heavier, high centre-of-gravity vehicles.
- Monorail base eliminates the need for anchoring chains and tension cable – easier installation!
- Self-supporting nose – no legs mean reduced installation and maintenance time.
- Simplified backups – choose from Tension Strut or Concrete.
- Quick and easy refurbishment – QuadGuard™ System offer high efficiency 80% reusability, allow for quick refurbishment and keep repair cost low. After a head-on impact, typically only the cartridges and plastic nose are expended. The cartridges contain the debris, further reducing refurbishment time.
Design Table (Avg G deceleration values)
|Number of Bays||Effective Length||Design Velocity km/h||40||50||60||70||80||90||100||105||110||115||120|